Breaking News

Roger Federer shares how he would face Rod Laver

In an interview, Roger Federer explained how he would face the Australian legend Rod Laver in a tennis match. Federer admitted he would depend on Laver's decision shot making. "The thing is, he would make you play in a way that you would have to adjust your game. I think he could be more true to his game into the serve and volley, whereas I would feel I would probably have to start to serve and volleying much more against him because conditions would have been faster. I would then adapt to that but it would be very tricky because we are nowhere close to the serve and volley they did. I think we are horrible compared to them, they were amazing and we just don't spend enough time at the net", said Federer.

"When he says he has a dodgy volley, I would dispute that because Roger has an all court game", recognized Laver. "A lot of the players today play from the baseline but they can't trascend from the baseline to the net."

On how he would play the Swiss, Laver concluded: "I think that I would not be playing from the baseline. I'd have to creep into the net. I'd like to play him on my Rockhampton private court. I'd have to certainly stay away from your forehand."

Federer is preparing for the Miami Open where he starts his run this weekend.

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2CswH3j

No comments