Breaking News

Roger Federer shares why becoming coach is tough for him

Roger Federer believes he will not be a full-time coach once he retires from tennis. Speaking at the Miami Open, the Swiss said: "Possible but doubtful, just because I have four children and I'm happy to be home after travelling for 20 years or more, 25 years. I just don't see myself doing it for 20 weeks of the year coaching. I just don't see that happening, you know. But then again, I think Edberg also didn't think he was going to coach again. And I don't have to do it right away, either. So I can maybe mentor more or have players come around. Who knows? I would love to stay involved in the game but probably not 30 weeks on the road. Let's be honest (smiling)."

Federer also commented on younger players chances in Miami: "Borna has been there, obviously. But especially on the Shapo/Tiafoe side, I think that's a huge opportunity in that quarters now, knowing that, you know, the tournament will go on and you're going to have a shot at the finals. So I think it must be very exciting. That's exactly where you want to be at, this stage of the competition, feeling great. I didn't see everything, but the Tsitsipas/Shapovalov match was great. I loved seeing them slug it out, and I'm sure they are going to have big matches down the road. I like when they also have to play each other a little bit because they don't look across the net and see a guy ranked whatever it is. It's just another guy they know from the juniors and I'm just going to beat you up now. So it's interesting how they go about it differently against one another, and I think they really have taken it to the next level now, all the bunch of guys we are talking about right now, and it's really nice to see."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2FF8FTv

No comments