Breaking News

Roger Federer will retire next year at best, says Goran Ivanisevic

In an interview to a small group of reporters, the 2001 Wimbledon winner Goran Ivanisevic commented on the Big Three players dominance. "I do not think that nobody can throw (Novak) Djokovic off the throne. The trio made up of (Roger) Federer, Djokovic, (Rafael) Nadal leads the world of tennis. But I think Federer will retire soon, if not this year, the next year."

Then he also said an interesting thing about the short co-operation between Djokovic and Andre Agassi: "I knew immediately that it would not last long."

On July 18 at the Umag Open on clay, Ivanisevic will face Patrick Rafter who was his rival in the 2001 Wimbledon final, which was the only Grand Slam title won by the Croat. "This is the achievement of my dreams, I am looking forward to winning a match again in Croatia. Thanks a lot to Patrick, who will come from Australia just for this match. Thanks to Umag and all the people who helped us, I think everybody will appreciate it. I have a lot of respect for Rafter, it does not matter what I won. It will be a good occasion to show him the beauty of Croatia. I hope we will enjoy ourselves."

Rafter said: "Goran is a big friend of mine and I am happy to come to Croatia. We have been trying to fit our schedule to know the Croatian beauty and the tournament. I am happy we managed to achieve the goal this year, so I am looking forward to the match to start in July."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2UBVZms

No comments