Breaking News

Roger Federer's gamestyle is perfect, says Garbine Muguruza

Tennis is going through a very interesting time as there are younger players like Felix-Auger Aliassime and Denis Shapovalov and successful veterans like Roger Federer and Ivo Karlovic. How can players perform at their best late in their careers? "It's tricky", said Garbine Muguruza. "There is two things. I think is the game style that you have that will allow you to keep playing, and also how lucky or how much you take care of your body to not have injuries. So, I mean, the game style of Roger, you know, it's quite perfect to play. Is not as physique as other athletes or other players. I mean, I think Venus, also, she's an athlete. The way she moves, the way she hits, it's still incredible. Yeah, it's a little bit about your body. There is other players that get injured a lot and that's, you know, one of the first reasons that the athletes don't play or don't go as far. So it's a combination of that."

Asked if they can be an inspiration for her to play' for a longer time, Muguruza replied: "It's tough to say now, because everybody, when they are in their mid-career, they think, I will not play much longer, or I will not play until 40. But then it's something that you kind of feel. If you are healthy and strong and you want to keep playing, you keep playing. Other people, they stop. I don't know. It's very early for me to answer that."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2Y43W6i

No comments