Breaking News

Situation between Naomi Osaka and Sascha Bajin was tense - Chris Evert

In an interview to The New York Times, the 18-time Major winner Chris Evert commented on the split between Naomi Osaka and Sascha Bajin who used to train at the American's academy in Boca Raton, Florida. "Something happened that must not have been good, although that’s just speculation. They were laughing and having fun practices and teasing each other, and it was great, and then just before the Australian and after the Australian, it was tense", said Evert.

Osaka looks forward to the future despite her loss to Belinda Bencic. The world No. 1 believes that her mindset changed over the last 12 months: “I think at a time like this with that scoreline, I would usually feel very depressed and sad. But I feel pretty good right now because I think given the circumstances I tried my best, and I don’t really have any regrets. I tried to be positive throughout the entire match. Honestly, she was just playing so well.”

On her growth process, Osaka concluded: “I guess one of the biggest things is I wanted to be more mature. I feel like this is something I’m still working on — on and off the court. It’s one of the biggest goals that I have had in my entire life. I might have thrown a few tantrums last year. And this year it’s something that I’m working on improving, and I feel like it’s going well. I think I’m just more confident in myself.”

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2FjeA1G

No comments