Breaking News

Roger Federer: 'I have to be careful against Dominic Thiem'

Roger Federer spoke highly of Dominic Thiem's gamestyle ahead of their Indian Wells final. In an interview to Tennis TV, the Swiss player said: "Dominic played really well and he was a little bit under the radar from Rafa, myself maybe a little bit but he played super well this whole tournament, played great today in a tough match and in really hot conditions, against Raonic, when the ball travels a lot but he had a clear game plan and when he plays like that he is really hard to beat. I like his playing style, one handed backhand, with a lot of power, spins, slices, kicks, and it serves him well here in the desert where the ball really goes and that's why I have to be really careful tomorrow but I am ready and I hope I can play a good match."

Analyzing his win over the Canada's Milos Raonic, Thiem said: "Of course now it's a big relief, I had some trouble serving it out but it was also fun and great to play. His serve was unreal, really tough to return, and two tie-breaks everything can happen and then luckily I got the decidong break in the third."

Thiem added: "My goal must be to be the first who attacks and seeks the point, but I know of course that‘s exactly what Roger also plans to do. Since we‘re the only two german speaking guys here we have a chat from time to time but not about the final."

They are tied on 2-all in the head to head meetings.

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2ObRiNR

No comments