Breaking News

'Sometimes the old man needs a break' - Federer on not playing 2018 Dubai

Roger Federer felt privileged for enjoying an amazing fanbase in Dubai. The Swiss player made his 14th appearance in the tournament winning his eight title. On how the people supported him from the grounds, Federer said: "I do not take it for granted. Coming here so many times, missed it last year, the old boy needs a break from time to time but I am happy again to be back here this year and I know some people come from very far away, they travel, they pay a lot of money, and I am happy that this tournament has got that far to say that people really want to come here."

Analyzing one of his most complicated matches against Fernando Verdasco, Federer added: "It was very tricky. I think he got a slow start especially on his serve and he started playing much better in the second set. I might have had a few chances there but he was really able to raise his game and for some reason so I could not stay with him. The third set here we come and it's always gonna be a close one when he could break in the first couple of games. Really happy that the end was strong, the last few games were great, the crowd really got excited and that makes me happy. I was trying to make more returns because I have been struggling on the return a little bit. Obviously against Kohlschreiber but that was maybe the windy conditions, and then Fernando goes in spells you know. Sometimes he serves the really hard one, then the spinning one, the sliding one, and he combines it very well especially with his forehand. I was struggling a little bit tonight but I found a way at the end and I think these are the matches you need to come through somehow."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2XLF0QG

No comments