Breaking News

Daniil Medvedev: 'Rafael Nadal kills your game plan'

In an interview to Eurosport Daniil Medvedev shared how it felt like to face Rafael Nadal in the Montreal and US Open finals. The Moscow native said: "You speak with your coach, you understand your plan but you go out there and it doesn't work because it's Rafa. He kills your entire plan. In Montreal I may not have been prepared mentally. It was terribly windy, which usually bothers Rafa but that day it could not help. The match was not close although I fought until the end. I always say that even if I lose easily, I try to win at least a match. But in the end it was 6-0. At the US Open I knew how I had to play but it did not work in the first two sets. At some point I managed to break his rhythm. Leading the rallies is the key."

On how his popularity grew, Medvedev added: "I cannot say there are people who have been following me since my childhood. There are people who have been following me since I started playing the Challengers. I do not know if that's true or not, but obviously the fanbase definitely increased. It started after the US Open, also before after Cincinnati, but the peak happened at the US Open. I always trusted it. I think everyone who supports me are my fans, someone will be with me in good and bad times, someone will like my game and I am happy that every fan is happy about my game."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2r1umt2

No comments