Breaking News

Stefanos Tsitsipas: I was stressed after the Marseille Open

Stefanos Tsitsipas felt satisfied with his run at the Dubai Open. The 20-year-old Greek player was playing his fourth consecutive tournament and he won four matches in a row to reach the final and eventually lose to Roger Federer. "I was kind of stressed if I'm going to adjust to these conditions fast because it was very, very different than last week," admitted Tsitsipas, who was coming from winning the Marseille Open in Europe. "I'm happy that I kind of got to the rhythm slowly slowly. It is difficult, I can tell you. I'm doing well. I should continue doing well. I'm feeling well. Body's okay. Yeah, I want to be motivated and stay strong and focused on this tournament because it offers a lot of points."

Tsitsipas also commented on how it felt to play doubles with his brother Petros: "It was a lot of fun. We didn't do it for a long time. He played unbelievably, I can tell you that. I played horrible. I don't know, all the pressure of knowing that I'm going to have to raise my level and help him. No, I was really happy to see how well he performed in that match. Hopefully, we can get some more wildcards so we can kind of find the rhythm playing together, maybe even win some ATP matches. That would be great."

Continuing, he said, "Yeah, exactly. That's one of the main goals playing with him. If we manage to get even one win, as many as ATP gives us the opportunity to play together, we'll are grateful for that. I hope it happens again in the future."

Tsitsipas' run of losses continued in Indian Wells, too, as he lost to Felix Auger-Aliassime in the opening round on Saturday, 9th March. 

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2NXGDWO

No comments