Breaking News

Rafael Nadal has a lot of respect for me, says coach Carlos Moya

In an interview to Il Giornale, Rafael Nadal's coach Carlos Moya commented on how the world No. 2 managed to get back to his highest level in 2017 following some tough injuries. Moya started working with Nadal in December 2016. "I could not have the absolute certainty but I knew his qualities as a tennis player and man. His ability in looking for the greatest. I knew that if he was 100% healthy we would have seen him at his best again. We are friends and we pay deep respect for each other", said Moya.

How did tennis change over the last 20 years? "At my time we came to the tournament with four rackets and a pair of shoes. Now there is a team featuring the coach, fitness trainer, a lot of people. And you care of your body, that's why the players' career got longer."

But there are some controversial players behaving badly as well. "There always have been. But younger players are a little less respectful."

That's why there should be coaches like Moya? "I did not really think about it. I am privileged to be next to one of the greatest in sport history: let's say I am learning, I am using this experience day by day. Even if it's really difficult to think I may coach someone else..."

Maybe an Italian player? "Why not? But I do not really know the younger players. For me, Italy still features Gaudenzi or Camporese; and now Fognini, Seppi and Bolelli. For example, Simone had all the qualities to get to the top. I do not know what happened."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2EQSWQF

No comments