Breaking News

Three young players join Queen's field

A star stunned field is being built for the Queen's tournament that will take place this year from 16 to 23 June. Three younger players have been added to the field that already featured the defending champion Marin Cilic, Stefanos Tsitsipas, Nick Kyrgios and Kyle Edmund. The organizers also said that the five-time tournament winner Andy Murray may play, although he is slowly coming back from second hip surgery.

Felix Auger-Aliassime, Denis Shapovalov and Frances Tiafoe will play at Queen's. Through a statement, the Canadian said he looks forward to making his first appearance ever there: “It’s a tournament that I’ve watched growing up and I’ve heard that it’s one of the best of the year, so I’m excited to be playing there for the first time. I get a chance to be in London as well, close to Wimbledon, so it’s nice. I think there is no better way to prepare for Wimbledon", said the 18-year-old.

"It’s a tournament I love coming to,” said Shapovalov. “The history of Queen’s is unbelievable. You see all the champions on the wall that have won that tournament, you see the way it’s organised, the way they’ve kept it. I’m really looking forward to going back there.”

Rafael Nadal, who has withdrawn from the last three editions, may not play any grass court tournament prior to Wimbledon as he usually takes a break following the French Open. Roger Federer, Alexander Zverev, Kei Nishikori, Hyeon Chung are confirmed in Halle.

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2I3NEV6

No comments