Breaking News

Victoria Azarenka speaks about fight for son's custody

In an interview to ABC, the two-time Grand Slam winner Victoria Azarenka commented on her motherhood. The Belarusian player became mother of a son called Leo in December 2016 and she has been dealing with the kid's custody for a while. "What I try is to get everything together and start my career again. I do as best as I can but I do not always find the answer", said Azarenka during the Mexican Open in Acapulco.

How is the situation involving the son's custody? "A long conversation should happen and we do not have too much time, only ten minutes. But, look, I am happy to be here, now I am a mother. Before I came here as a tennis player, it was just about it but now I have another role. Life completely changes. When you are an athlete in a single sport like tennis, you only think about you, you focus on yourself. Now I have to think about my son and I have to learn a lot of things and also cope with it and finding a balance to see what I have to do as a mother and what I have to do for my career. It is not being easy at all, but I keep fighting. Being a mother and a tennis player is complicated. And being a sports professional takes a lot. I hope to be an example. It's hard, but I try. Anyway, I try to be optimistic. And I am, I have to be, I cannot be negative and be doing bad the whole day. Especially because it would prejudice me on court and off it. You have to continue your life although it may be difficult. I cannot give up, I will fight until the end because this is what I have to do. I have to keep this attitude."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2JjZ3mi

No comments