Breaking News

2014 US Open final was one of the worst moments for Kei Nishikori - Coach

In an interview to Punto de Break, Kei Nishikori's coach Dante Bottini recalled the worst and best times the Japanese player went through. "You have several best moments, but I will tell you two. One is when he reaches the 2014 US Open final, even though that match became one of the worst moments. The second moment happened the following month when he wins the Tokyo tournament after losing that US Open final. I got emotional a lot because I saw him doing bad, he was going through a lot of pressure", said Bottini.

And the worst one? "I would say the day when he hurts his wrist training in Cincinnati, making him not playing for several months. That was one of the worst experiences I remember, it was very hard to see him uncertain about playing again, or when he could play again."

Asked how their co-operation has started, Bottini concluded: "We have been together for nine years. We had a pre-season in 2010 and our first tournament was in 2011. We live in Bradenton, where there is the Nick Bollettieri Academy and where I have been working for three years. There was a moment where he split with his coach and his agent asked me to see if I wanted to be his main coach. That year he was No. 98 in the world and he ended 24th, he scored several wins against top ten players and the top 5, we reached finals, etc. It has been going pretty well until now."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2GDhI80

No comments