Breaking News

Federer, Djokovic, Nadal and Murray were untouchable - Almagro

In an interview to La Verdad, the former top ten player Nicolas Almagro commented on the Big Four dominance - Rafael Nadal, Roger Federer, Novak Djokovic and Andy Murray. "They were untouchable, they are part of a group that you cannot enter into. But I would have signed to get what I achieved. For me, Antonio González Palencia was more than a coach, as a father. He taught me a way to think, also about music, I remember that we listened to Juan Luis Guerra a lot in the car and now the Dominican artist is a part of my life. But Antonio dealt with a disease and I had to go to Barcelona where I started working with a world-class level coach like Jose Perlas. I was aware it would not be easy, but I had to become more professional in my career and with him, I managed to crack the top ten. I learned a lot through that stage and his work ethic marked me. He teached me you have to be professional on a Tour where everything goes fast", said Almagro.

Almagro is a husband and father, which makes him proud: "You have not a better travelling mate than her. I had the luck to create an unbelievable family. I never met such a positive person. Thanks to her I achieved my biggest triumph, which is my son, and hopefully, we can have many more."

He is happy with his career: "I reflect on what I did in my sports career and in my 13 ATP titles, ten finals, a doubles title, I played the Olympic games, I won a medal in London, all the Grand Slams, Davis Cup winner... What can I ask more?"

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2vqGtz2

No comments