Breaking News

Alexander Zverev: 'Everybody wants to face Rafael Nadal on clay'

In an interview in Barcelona, Alexander Zverev commented on his feelings ahead of the tournament. The German suffered Injuries and illnesses this year and he is yet to win a title so far. "I am not at 100 percent but I feel happy to be back on the court and ready to compete. Everyone wants to play against Rafa Nadal on clay because he is the best in the world on the surface and I want to face him", said the world No. 3.

Felix Auger-Aliassime does not have particularly big expectations: "Hopefully I go through the first round. It's the first time I am seeded and I like this feeling. I am not very worried about those expectations. I do not have guarantees that I will gofartherr, but my parents and my team are great, they always have good things to tell me and they drive me to the correct way."

On David Ferrer's retirement, Rafael Nadal said: "The most important thing is that what he decided makes him happy. That's what's needed. And that he has a deserved farewell as a player and person."

Stefanos Tsitsipas recalled last year's final loss to Rafael Nadal: "The success started here for me. I have great memories. I love the tournament, the environment is unbelievable."

Ferrer feels confident about Nadal's chances on clay: "You will not have a player like Rafa in Spain's history and at a world level it will be very complicated. There is only Roger Federer and then he comes. You have to enjoy seeing Rafa play, appreciating him and when he retires, understand that he achieved something impossible."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2Uzz9eo

No comments