Breaking News

Alexander Zverev: 'I don't play tennis for money. I love the sport'

In an interview to Bild, Alexander Zverev commented on what money means to him. The world No. 3 asks up to $400,000 appearance fees to play tournaments like Acapulco and Vienna and Stuttgart Tournament Directors claimed that he has too big requests. But Zverev said: "I do not play tennis for the money. Many people who read it will say: It's easy to speak when you earned $15 or 16 million. But if all that I earned in tennis, I could earn in hockey, I would still pick tennis. Because I love tennis and hopefully I will enjoy for a long time."

On his goal of becoming a world No. 1 one day, Zverev added: "I will do everything for that. But you do not become world No. 1 fortnight. It's also about what I did when I was seven, nine, 12, 15 years old. It's a process, you have to do everything well for years. I have not finished yet and I can improve a lot."

On his struggles in the Grand Slams, Zverev concluded: "I have experience. At the beginning of my career, I had unbelievable problems with the Masters 1000s. I could never go past the quarter-finals. You just need a certain number of events at this level. In 2017 I reached Miami quarter-finals. Then all of a sudden I won in Rome and Montreal. I feel like it's the same with Majors. I know that I have what I need."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2GRCa6t

No comments