Breaking News

Alexander Zverev: 'Roger Federer has always been my idol, I remember...'

In an interview with IoDonna Magazine, Alexander Zverev commented on his biggest childhood idols. "Roger Federer, of course! And Dwyane Wade in basketball. In the beginning, as a kid, Roger was always unbelievably nice with me. The first time was ages ago in the Hamburg tournament: he was already my idol, I was a kid who was looking for him to get his autographs", said Zverev, who faced Federer for the first time in his career in 2016 Rome.

Asked what he likes to do in his free time, Zverev replied: "I like to keep myself very active even when I do not play tennis: I love basketball and golf, but also spending the day on the beach, on and off the beach. It's nice! So I do not stay on the sofa too much."

What about movies, music and social media? "I like a lot Kevin Hart, an American actor. My favourite reads are about the universe and the theories on how it was created. Among social media, I just use Instagram. The communication through images is the most efficient one, I think."

Asked what was the best advice he ever got, Zverev replied: "Work hard, fight for your dreams and never give up."

Asked about his relationship with Boris Becker and Steffi Graf, who have been the biggest German tennis players, Zverev said: "Boris has been knowing me since I was a kid, he saw me grow up, I often chat to him when we meet each other in the tournaments. While I do not see Steffi: she never comes to watch us play, so it's difficult to meet her."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2VAx9Hq

No comments