Breaking News

Andre Agassi: 'My son is so motivated to become a baseball professional'

In an interview, the eight-time Major winner Andre Agassi commented on his son Jaden Gil wanting to turn professional in baseball. He plans to attend college and keep playing at the same time. "He decided to do it by his own. He is unbelievably motivated and he wants to go forward. Hey, he also does a good job at school. So I have no problems with that", commented the American tennis legend. Asked if he plays baseball with his son, Agassi replied: "That's impossible. He hits the ball at 145km/h, he is almost 190 centimetres tall and he has a 93kg weight. But I behave like a kid and it would not be fun at all to compete with him."

"Many parents who have not gone through the same thing as Stef and I think that we want our children to do a good job in sports and they turn successful. But just because you are one of the best athletes in the world it does not mean that you are happy. It's a great thing to help kids live a good life. And the luck does not only depend on money."

Agassi chose to stay connected to tennis now as a Lavazza and Longines ambassador over the years. He regularly attends the Grand Slams for a few days. "I got always involved somehow. But it's nice not to face the pressure a player needs to face anymore."

Asked if he regrets a decision, Agassi concluded: "It's not an easy answer. But now I know: I should have cut my hair earlier."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2ZFqD1g

No comments