Breaking News

Dominic Thiem: 'I have a lot of respect for Federer, Nadal, Djokovic'

In an interview, Dominic Thiem commented on the Big Three players dominance. The Austrian player said: “Nadal, Djokovic and Federer are the main players who can win Grand Slams. I have a lot of respect for all what they achieved, but I am very happy to compete with them because I can learn a lot in every match and I love when I manage to beat them."

On the clay-court season, Thiem added: "It's always the most important part of the season. I expect a lot from the clay-court swing, like every year. There are only big and very hard tournaments, everyone needs to play at his best from the first point in every match, me too."

Asked to give advice to the younger players, Thiem replied: "My suggestion is that they enjoy this step. I enjoyed it a lot and I loved it because the ATP Tour is funny too, but everything is more professional. On the junior tours you play among friends, you enjoy yourself doing silly things after matches. It was a fantastic stage in my life, I enjoyed it with other teammates."

Meanwhile, another young player, Alexander Zverev, was asked who is his best friend on Tour: "The Brazilian Marcelo Melo. He is older than me but he makes me laugh a lot. Especially when he says he can beat me in football video games..."

Asked who he would go have dinner with, Zverev replied: "One night with Dwyane Wade and then Lebron James. Basketball, as you can see, rules my thoughts."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2XQeAfV

No comments