Breaking News

Aryna Sabalenka: I’m very different on and off the court

For top-10 player Aryna Sabalenka, being serious on court is a very integral part to her success. The Belarusian reached a career high ranking of No.9 on the WTA Charts following a string of impressive results.

She was named the WTA Newcomer of the Year last year and said that she needs to remain aggressive on court to find more success. “It’s like I’m two different people,” she said. “On court, I can’t laugh all the time. I need to be focused and serious to show my best and play my best game.”

She further added, “Off the court, I try to smile and relax and be like a normal person! Not like a crazy girl.”

Working with former ATP Professional Dmitry Tursunov, Sabalenka said though there are challenges, there is still a lot to learn from the Russian. “It’s a hard process to work together for a long time. Sometimes you fight and you’re like: ‘Wow, wow, wow!’ Sometimes I’m like: ‘No, I don’t want to listen to you.’ It’s all about working at it,” she said.

“He explained to me that I need to put more than two or three balls in – and it’s true!”

Tursunov too had some things to say about Aryna, “She’s a smart girl, so she catches on quickly. She understands things so it’s a question of presenting the right information and for her to analyse it and be open minded.”

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2KKqlTs

No comments