Breaking News

Fabio Fognini doesn't set comeback date to tennis after injury

Fabio Fognini has withdrawn from the Barcelona Open and in a press conference the Italian player, he met the media just three days after winning the Barcelona Open. "I went through it, I was coming from a difficult time where I had not won many matches unlike last year, results were not there but in Monte Carlo, it happened what happened", said the 31-year-old. "Do not ask me why it happened there, I do not know it, tennis is a very crazy sport. On Tuesday I suddenly felt tired, I felt all the tiredness of the last week."

On the decision of withdrawing from the tournament, Fognini added: "This morning I trained, or at least I tried to, I hit the gym doing the therapy that doctors suggested me. I am very sad for not being able to play here, it's already the third year that it happens. One year I could not play, the other I forgot to commit and this one I got injured. The good thing is that the injury is not serious but I do not want to take a risk and I hope to recover as soon as possible."

He has not set a date for the comeback: "After the final, I felt pain, I got worried a lot because I felt very bad. In the MRI you do not see very well what's there but is not serious. I will work intensely with my physiotherapist and if I will not feel pain anymore at the end of the week I will be back practising. If it keeps hurting me, I will not play the next event in Estoril either. I will try to play the next big tournaments. I do not know how my body will react, I will go to Madrid only if I am at 100 per cent."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2Py3Y26

No comments