Breaking News

I hope Novak Djokovic's goal is to have more Majors titles - Tipsarevic

In an interview to The Tennis Podcast, the former top ten player Janko Tipsarevic commented on Novak Djokovic's goals in the future. The Serb believes the 15-time Grand Slam winner wants to overcome Rafael Nadal and Roger Federer and hold the Major title's record. "I haven’t talked about that particular part with him", said Tipsarevic. "If he could beat every single record, the one which is up for debate is the Grand Slam titles. If you ask me will he do it, I believe he will. But he will be when everything is said and done, the player who has won the most Masters series [titles] and the player who has the most weeks as world number one. The main part is the Grand Slams. This is something which is being debated, the GOAT discussion. I’m not afraid to say something [but] I honestly don’t know. I hope his goal is to have the most Grand Slams. But I don’t think in this phase, he is looking [like] ‘I need to win five or six Grand Slams’. I think he is more micromanaging his life in terms of being the best possible Novak at Grand Slams and Masters series [events]. He admitted in Indian Wells that because of some things he was doing wrong, he wasn’t the best possible Novak. So I feel that even though I imagine that thought is in the back of his mind, it is more micromanaging his life, together with his family [and] being the best possible version of himself at big events."

In an interview to Efe, the British politic John Bercow commented on his admiration for Roger Federer. Bercow mentioned Federer's successes multiple times and he once again praised the Swiss, who will play his next tournament at the Madrid Open making his comeback to the clay-courts for the first time since 2016 Rome. "I never watched the Madrid Masters live and I am attempted to go there. As much as I admire Rafael Nadal, my hero is Federer", said Bercow. "If Roger progresses in Madrid and he reaches the final rounds of the week I may want to see him. Seeing Nadal playing is a true honour, a privilege on clay, it's one of the greatest sports experiences."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2IWMLhx

No comments