Breaking News

Fabio Fognini: 'I was in a dark place,I could not recognize myself anymore'

In an interview to Sky Sport, Fabio Fognini commented on his triumph in the Monte Carlo Masters. The Italian player said: "I found myself in a dark place where I touched the rock bottom. I was sad with myself and I could not really sustain it. I was struggling in the fight, then it happened what happened. Now we are here speaking of an unexpected win, after an unbelievable first round against Andrey Rublev, the success over the world No. 2 and king of clay Rafael Nadal and a final like this that nobody expected. Winning makes me happy, in my sport the more you win, the more you earn and you raise the rankings. You try to give your best in your job, when you do not do it well it's normal to be a bit angry."

Winning Monte Carlo was a dream: "As a kid, one of my biggest goals was to win this tournament and I managed to do it. I am a very lucky person, I can say I have everything in my life, a wife and a son, they are always with me and so I cannot ask more. Apart maybe winning a second Masters 1000 title."

Fognini is just five points away from the 11th ranked player Marin Cilic. "1,000 points altogether, I never earned them in my life... The good and bad side of the sport is that from one week to the other you find from a tough to a great situation. You just have to keep going, obviously, now I dream something else. That's a thing I can say I achieved, now I will try to find new motivations. And maybe doing something really big in the major tournaments."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2ZuLWm1

No comments