Breaking News

I work every day to become the new world No. 1, says Auger-Aliassime

In an interview to El Mundo Deportivo, Felix Auger-Aliassime commented on his main goals. The Canadian player said he dreams to become a world No. 1. "I work every day for it. As a kid, it was a dream and now being No. 1 is my main goal, but you have to go step by step and for example, the first one is to crack the top ten in the next years. You have to go step by step, now it's too early to speak about No. 1. Now I have to fight every day to have the game with which I can win a Grand Slam and be the No. 1. With my team we always have this vision in delivering my game to reach the No. 1", said Auger-Aliassime.

On his 7-6 7-6 loss to John Isner in the Miami Open semifinals, Auger-Aliassime added: "It was very hard because he served very well and all of a sudden I dropped my level a bit. That disappointed me and it was hard to accept, but I had to react and take the positive of what happened. It's something on which I keep working and improving."

Asked what he would like to improve on, Auger-Aliassime concluded: "My next challenge is to have a more consistent serve. Being aggressive with less unforced errors is everyone's goal because hitting winners with less unforced errors is the perfect scenario. I want to be able one day to be close to it."

In Monte Carlo, he lost to Alexander Zverev in the second round.

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2XwcLVg

No comments