Breaking News

Maria Sharapova reveals her most important Grand Slam triumph

In an interview, Maria Sharapova commented on how it feels to be a multiple Grand Slam winner, having won five Majors. The Russian player said: "The special part will be that my name will be etched in the Grand Slam tournaments, that's a pretty special thing when I think about it because people tell me about numbers and that's nice to hear but when I think sometimes I see pictures of fans when visiting the grounds and they get to see the signs with all the champions and I get to see my name on it, there is something more special about that. Someone says, Oh, you were able to achieve this. It's very memorable when you are able to hold that trophy and live that moment within yourself."

Asked what was her toughest Grand Slam win, Sharapova replied: "Knowing how difficult was for me the French Open, how hard it was for me to achieve good results, consistent results match by match, I knew that once I physically felt capable of doing that, it gave me so much more confidence mentally and especially going through the injury and coming back and winning the French Open as my first Grand Slam back, completing the Career Grand Slam, that was special."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2ZzntMq

No comments