Breaking News

Andy Murray: 'I don't see how Gimelstob can hold his position at the ATP'

In an interview to The Telegraph, Andy Murray commented on Justin Gimelstob possibly leaving the ATP Board after being alleged of an assault. The three-time Major winner said: "'I don't see how he can hold the position of authority at ATP."

In a press conference in the Barcelona Open following his win over Leonardo Mayer on Wednesday, Rafael Nadal commented on Justin Gimelstob being sanctioned and possibly leaving the ATP Board. "If I will be a part of the player council I will ask the rest of the players about what they want. ‘The only thing I can do without being in the player council is if somebody asks me from the player council I will give them my personal opinion." What is his opinion? "I don’t want to tell you."

Kevin Anderson said: ‘It’s been a very difficult issue. We’ve felt that… [it] is worthy of seeing this out and seeing exactly what comes out in the end. ‘If some of the accusations are deemed accurate and true then I don’t think he should be a board member anymore but we believe that it’s a case of we have to let the law have it's said and we’ll take it from there. ‘He has very adamantly said that these allegations aren’t true and he’s defending himself, if that’s the case then we will definitely support him on the premise he’s true."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2INA0H7

No comments