Breaking News

Men should switch to best of three sets in Grand Slams, says Azarenka

Through her official Twitter account, the two-time Australian Open champion Victoria Azarenka claimed that men should play matches at the best of three sets in the Grand Slams, and leaving the five-set format aside like it was done in the Davis Cup and next year's Tokyo Olympic Games. "Men should just play best of three in my opinion! Will be a much better quality of tennis and hopefully no ruined finals or semifinals because of the exhaustion… like has happened quite a bit. Why wouldn’t there be those matches? So in your opinion, there never been an amazing 3 set match for the history books? Really? Makes not that much sense to me. But that’s my opinion. I’m not trying to change yours", Azarenka wrote.

After the match against Vera Zvonareva, Azarenka said: "We’re both in completely different stages of our careers, we’re both mums. I think I’m playing better than I used to before, I believe I’m much more of a complete player than I used to be. I’m in the process of building my game up again. I have no idea right now of the time or what’s happening,” said Azarenka, who is coming from a Fed Cup tie in the DownUnder region. “The flight from Australia was so long I felt like it was never going to end. It was a huge challenge for me today and I’m very happy with the way I handled it.”

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2GKgcRk

No comments