Breaking News

Naomi Osaka: 'I was depressed after splitting with Sascha Bajin'

Naomi Osaka went through some rough time after splitting with her former coach Sascha Bajin following her second Grand Slam title in a row in the Australian Open. The Japanese player was asked a lot of question by reporters about the topic and she never really gave an exact answer. "I am really grateful for everyone that has been really positive towards me. It was really rough for the last couple of months. The kid was depressed out there. If there is one positive thing that I can say about myself, it is that I learn quickly. Definitely, I've put a lot of pressure on myself and found it hard to deal with in the first few tournaments. Now I start trying to have fun out there, which is what I did before I was number one", said Osaka.

On her match win over Su-Wei Hsieh in Stuttgart, Osaka added: "I did feel like I am in control, but I also felt she is taking more risks than me. She's a really tricky opponent. You never really know what she's going to do."

Meanwhile, Hsieh commented on her relationship with Osaka. The Taipei player said: "I think we love each other too much. We want to see each other more on the court. Don't leave me, Naomi!" I know if I win I pick up a few more rungs in the rankings. And if I don't do good, like I lost quick in Indian Wells, I said OK, we go to the Grand Canyon tomorrow. We had so much fun. And then you see, I played pretty well in Miami."

On her holiday in Copenaghen, Hsieh added: "It was so amazing! My friend booked the restaurant right after Miami. I was quite excited I hurt my back. I was supposed to play Charleston. But I thought my back was really bad, so I pulled out. My friend was coming to Europe so I asked my boyfriend, maybe we go to Copenhagen. Copenhagen has 26 restaurants with Michelin stars. The second meal we had, we found a place on the street with a Michelin. It was so good."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2J1Q0Ez

No comments