Breaking News

Serena Williams shares when she was working 18 hours a day for fashion line

Serena Williams is not only a great tennis player but an active businesswoman too with her apparel brand called Serena. In an interview, the 23-time Grand Slam winner admitted she went through a pretty hard time in terms of off-court work. “When I first started, I was close to burn out because I was working from 9:00 am until 3:00 am. I would be on calls and sending emails because I was acting as the CEO, the COO and the president. I was on a fast track to burnout. You need to have a good team, be able to delegate and have great communication with your team.”

Serena also commented on how it feels to take risks in sports and investments: “As an athlete, what’s important to me is making the first move. As an entrepreneur, it’s about making the first move and taking a step towards your success. For me, it was making the first move and putting the first money down to invest in the company that I was deciding to build — I probably should have done it years ago.”

“You’ve got to have really thick skin and not take anything personally, even though it might be hard to hear. It’s the same in sport. You have to have super thick skin, especially me. And you can’t take anything too personally because you have to be back in the next week, in our sport, to play again", she concluded.

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2V0Vp5V

No comments