Breaking News

Nicolas Almagro recalls 2014 win over Rafael Nadal

In an interview to Marca, Nicolas Almagro recalled his three-set win over Rafael Nadal in the 2014 Barcelona Open quarter-finals. Almagro said: "It was an important win, more than the other ones. But it was not a title because I knew the following day I had to play again. So much buzz raised around that match that I could not handle it."

Almagro also recalled his loss to Roger Federer in 2006 Rome Open: "It was a very tough match, and obviously this can teach me many lessons because I knew I had to take my chances and that's what I did. I wasn't able to concretize all of them, but I think I can be happy with what I've done. I served very well, and my backhand worked very well as well. My forehand, little bit less.  I think I learned a lot. I learn to suffer. I played with the No. 1 player in the world."

Asked how he would like to be remembered, Almagro replied: "Hopefully they remember me as someone who put his life and soul in a sport where he gave everything and that I am eternally grateful to. My tennis is like", the 33-year-old Murcia native concluded.

Almagro achieved his best results at Grand Slams in 2013 Australian Open and 2008, 2010 and 2012 French Open. He never went beyond the third round at Wimbledon and fourth round in the US Open.

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2v7BAuk

No comments