Breaking News

Nicolas Massu shares joy in seeing Thiem beating 'GOAT' Roger Federer

In an interview, former Olympic champion Nicolas Massu commented on his co-operation with Dominic Thiem. "I am very happy, for me, that's a very nice opportunity," said Massu. "We had been working together for three weeks and he won his first Masters Series, on hard (courts) and defeated Roger Federer, the best player in history, in the final.

About being with Thiem hereon, he said, "I will be consistently travelling. He has his team, a fitness trainer, his agent, and like Dominic said, I will be travelling at least until the end of the year, which motivates me. I had been out for eight weeks, doing what I like. I have the energy, I want to help him and for that, I have to be on the Tour. You have to do what you have to, if you have to train in Europe, we will do it, if you have to be in the United States, the same."

About his responsibilities with the Chilean Davis Cup team, he said, "Now the Davis Cup takes place two weeks a year, there is a lot of time left. In the past, you joined the team just a few days before, but now thanks to the project with them I was in Buenos Aires and Rio, where Nicolas Jarry and Christian Garin played; in Indian Wells and Miami, I watched almost all of Jarry's matches. Being on the tour helps me be much closer to the matches. And the experience with Dominic will help me a lot."

Thiem will compete at the Monte Carlo Masters where he is the fourth seed. 

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2PbDMu9

No comments