Breaking News

Novak Djokovic could live his entire life without working, says Ferrero

In an interview with Las Provincias, the former world No. 1 Juan Carlos Ferrero commented on how a tennis player should face the retirement from the professional game. Ferrero, who played his last match at the 2012 Valencia Open, said: "It depends on how you do it. If you have nothing to do but stay at home, it's very difficult because everything turns empty. Luckily now we have more academies, now in China, we may open one in Sao Paulo. If you are Djokovic and you earn €100 million you can live your entire life without working, but at my time you earned much less. Luckily I invested in a smart way and I live off it."

On not having to do many interviews anymore, Ferrero added: "This is something I do not miss. When you are number one, anything you do turns popular, and sometimes in a bad way. The week of the 2000 Davis Cup changed so many things. I was just a 20-year-old guy that was unknown. After the competition, I could not hang out for two weeks. It was a very brutal change, they asked me for a photo every second, I could not do anything. In the end, you get used to it, you have no other solution. When you luckily achieve success, that Clearly happens. I do not think that Rafa Nadal loves his popularity."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2UJsmiA

No comments