Breaking News

Novak Djokovic: I had too much respect for Roger Federer, Rafael Nadal

Novak Djokovic explained why it was tough for him to beat Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal at the beginning of his career. The Serbian player was considered as the "no. 3 guy" behind the Swiss and the Spaniard. "I got afraid from winning. I had too much respect for them," said Djokovic.

Djokovic also spoke about what the concept of war meant to him: "We have a hard way in life to succeed because of the past that we had, because of the history we had, we have to dig deeper and we have to do much more in order to be seen and be spotted."

The 31-year-old shared his love for Wimbledon: "When I won 2011 final, I ate the piece of grass, I had the flashback of my whole childhood, what I went through. The first tennis court where I grew up on in Belgrade."

Djokovic likes having hit clinics with kids: "All of us we were kids and I know how they feel when they see somebody that they look up to as a role model or successful tennis player or athlete and it's nice. I try to dedicate my time and have fun with it."

The Belgrade native spoke about his childhood: "I remember as a kid I was always improvising and making little trophies out of different materials and just going in front of the mirror and lifting the trophies and saying, I was the champion. So at that time in Serbia where tennis was nowhere, we grew up during the war and there was a lot of struggle, difficulty financially to travel to the tournaments so we played many of the National local tournaments. It was really hard to succeed and I have to thank my father for supporting me, my mother, my all family, they believed in me and they gave me hope that I can really succeed."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2PaOUr1

No comments