Breaking News

Rafael Nadal and Novak Djokovic are the French Open favorites, says Lajovic

Dusan Lajovic believes that Rafael Nadal and Novak Djokovic are still the favourites to go all the way in the French Open, despite they both lost in this week's Monte Carlo Masters. The Serbian player said: "The thing is I would consider this kind of events separate because it's best of five and it's another mentality. And there, it's not the same if you beat them in best of three and to beat them in best of five, especially in French Open where Rafa dominated so much. So I think they are still the biggest favourites and contenders for the title. And a couple of losses here in clay, I don't think it's gonna change that tremendously. To beat them there, it's not gonna be like yesterday Fabio here. I don't think that Rafa can play such a bad match two times in such a short period of time. But again, it's also proven that they can be beaten. Just I would say that it's much harder in a slam."

Asked what he thought when he saw Fabio Fognini dealing with an injury in the second set, Lajovic replied: "I didn't see exactly what happened. Maybe a misstep or something like that. So I don't think it was anything huge, because he continued playing. Maybe a couple of points he was not running his full. But I think it didn't bother him that much, so I didn't focus on that too much."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2UCGkCx

No comments