Breaking News

Rafael Nadal caused me more troubles than Roger Federer - Former player

In an interview to Punto de Break, Daniil Medvedev's coach Igor Andreev commented on his career as a former player, mentioning several big names. He started from Marat Safin with who he trained a lot in Spain. On the two-time Major winner's influence, Andreev said: "Very important, seeing how he worked and that helped me. Marat may not have a good image from outside, someone thought that he did not work or that he was not professional because he was enjoying parties, he broke rackets or was doing wrong things, but if you saw how he worked you immediately understood everything. He worked a lot and for that, he ended up winning a lot of big things."

Is Safin the most talented player ever? "Talented... I do not know that, but what I assure you is that he worked for many hours to come where he got. For me, the most talented one was Fabrice Santoro."

And Roger Federer? "With Federer, I had a couple of very close matches, a Gstaad final and another meeting in the US Open, which you may remember the most. Heading into the court to face Roger and playing good tennis is a pleasure, it will be something I remember forever."

Do some tactics exist to beat him? "You always have some tactics, sometimes it works, what happens is that with Federer you can play a perfect match and lose in any way."

Nadal or Federer. Which one made him get in trouble the most? "Nadal is the toughest one. I would not be able to explain you it, but my results are there, I always struggled the most with him."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2GOiZdp

No comments