Breaking News

Rafael Nadal is the French Open favorite, Dominic Thiem follows - Massu

In an interview to Laola, Dominic Thiem's coach Nicolas Massu commented on the Austrian player's goals. "His dream is to win the French Open. He can do it this year, but Rafael Nadal is obviously the favorite. Dominic comes after Nadal. The beginning of our co-operation was perfect. He is very confident and I am looking forward to keep working with him. I am looking forward to the clay season."

Massu enjoyed the life on tour as a player before and now as a coach: "It's not that I stopped because I did not want to stay on tour longer but because my body did not allow me to do more. Now I have a different job than before. I still love the sport and I want to be close to him. I do not have sons so I am happy spending time away from home. Dominic is the most important person for me. We have to help him to play as most as possible. I think Dominic likes my personality. I am not the guy who sits alone in the corner. When I watch a match, I am emotionally involved."

On Thiem splitting with his coach Gunter Bresnik, Massu added: "We are all a team and all the team members worked to make Thiem the way he is today. He has an unbelievable technique. You do not have to change a lot. Little changes can often have a big impact. The most important thing is that Dominic is happy. If he is fully motivated every day, then the rest is great. He can train, handle with pressure and play well."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2UHBlFO

No comments