Breaking News

Rafael Nadal is the No. 1 on clay, says Fabio Fognini

In an interview to Corriere Della Sera 24 hours after winning his maiden Masters 1000 title in Monte Carlo, Fabio Fognini shared what his feelings are. "I am speaking to you with my cup next to me. On Sunday night we slept together: me, Flavia, our son Federico and the trophy, all in the bed! Do you know that it's even nicer than when the Albert Prince gave me it? I am honest. I was lucky. Both against Andrey Rublev and Gilles Simon, who withdrew, in the second round. Then match by match I always felt better. I fought again and I beat the world No. 3 Alexander Zverev, I came back against Borna Coric, I won against the No. 1 on clay Rafael Nadal. And then I met Dusan Lajovic in the final, world No. 48. When could it happen again?", said Fognini.

Asked what the Italian legend Nicola Pietrangeli told him, Fognini replied: "That he struggled to go to the prize ceremony because the leg was hurting me. He also told me he was happy for me because Monte Carlo is the tournament of the Italians."

He finally spoke about his son: "On Sunday morning, leaving the hotel room to go to the club, I kissed him and I promised him: Fede, tonight your father comes back with the cup. And so that happened."

Fognini will play Estoril, Madrid, Rome, Geneva and French Open in the next weeks, then he will take a break.

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2IJbiaH

No comments