Breaking News

Robin Haase: 'Fans in Rome are crazy'

Robin Haase was asked in what tournament fans are the craziest. The Dutch player, speaking to ATP Tennis Radio, replied: "I have a few but if I have to take one is Rome because of the way it looks, Italian fans are crazy in a good way, and when I started playing tennis in Futures and Challengers I often came to Italy so they know me and they support me. But also the way it looks the Central Court, the Pietrangeli is just beautiful, food and weather are always great."

Meanwhile, Dusan Lajovic recalled how it feels to go far in a big tournament. He had upset Juan Martin del Potro in last year's Madrid. "I played great coming from qualies and I had not performed so well the week before. I played very well and I enjoyed there. It's good that these victories are coming in big tournaments."

For Lajovic, having a balanced personal life is the key: "We have to put personal problems aside that would then affect you. You go out there and you do your work. I had lost six, seven matches in a row, I was telling myself I could not lose again and again and I told myself you have to work and in the end, it paid off."

On how it felt to reach the championship clash last week, Lajovic added: "I have always loved to play on clay before and I was unlucky the past years because I always picked an injury and I could not prepare."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2IBY1Ra

No comments