Breaking News

Roger Federer, Rafael Nadal, Novak Djokovic do not take weeks off - Roddick

In an interview to Clarin, the former world No. 1 Andy Roddick praised the Big Three. The American said: "They are different than me, they are the best in history. I think I was just a good player. I think that to stay at the top... you see a lot of players getting closer, very talented ones, but mentally they come and go. Some weeks it goes bad, or they do not manage to go far in the Grand Slams. It's difficult to keep the mindset. You need to be very good, of course, but consistent in your mind. You do not see Federer, Nadal and Djokovic taking weeks off and they are always in the finals or semis, which is very tough. They deserve a lot of credit for it."

On the Argentinean tennis, Roddick added: "Del Potro is the best. His height and the weapons he has with his game... We do not even know where he could go. Nalbandian was an unbelievable player too; I remember seeing him against Roger, Rafa... When he played at his best, beating him was very difficult. Gaudio and Coria were very good, but I felt that if I played very well against them, I would beat them. In the Nalbandian and del Potro's case... Their best level was as good as my best level."

Federer is training in Switzerland and he posted several videos of his practices this week being led by his coaches Severin Luthi and Ivan Ljubicic. Nadal is competing at the Monte Carlo Masters.

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2Gkt4gW

No comments