Breaking News

Roger Federer,Rafael Nadal are unlikely to play ATP Finals in Turin- Expert

Who could play the ATP Finals in 2021 when they will be hosted in Turin for the first time? In an interview to Repubblica, the former world No. 12 Paolo Bertolucci tried to give an answer. "You have to think about the age and the perspectives of growth. That's why we can say that in 2021 among the best eight players in the world there will still be Novak Djokovic. The same thing can be said for Alexander Zverev too", said Bertolucci.

What about Rafael Nadal and Roger Federer? "About them, I would say there are many question marks. I think it's difficult that we will see Roger Federer playing the ATP Finals in two years, but he always surprised us over these years. For Rafa Nadal I think it's complicated too, a little bit less maybe if you look at the age, but still difficult."

Among the younger players, who could be in the mix? "The list would be a long one even because you have to see how the next two years would be. But I think we can bet in the Canadian Félix Auger-Aliassime who is growing a lot, but also his other compatriot Denis Shapovalov. Then there is the Greek Stefanos Tsitsipas. And I would add the American Frances Tiafoe."

Bertolucci concluded: "I saw that Mayor Chiara Appendino started following me on Twitter. I do not know if there are other reasons why the first citizen can be interested in an old player. She may want to learn something about this world ahead of 2021."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2UYcAFj

No comments