Breaking News

Rafael Nadal unsure about playing 2021 ATP Finals:'I can't read the future'

In an interview to La Stampa, Rafael Nadal commented on Turin city being chosen to host the ATP Finals from 2021 to 2025. The Spaniard, who never won this event, gave positive feedback. "I think that's the right choice, for several reasons. Because Italy has a big tennis tradition, very good players, also younger ones, and so they can be in the centre of attention, maybe, in this event. And because Turin is a great city and it's in Europe, in the centre of Europe, so it perfectly suits to the year-end calendar to us players."

Nadal feels a special connection when he plays in Italy: "I always said that Italy and Spain are the most similar nations, and in Italy, I was always welcomed in a proper way. I definitely love the Italians' support, they give the right environment to a match. Then I obviously love Italian food. Every time I am in Italy I always taste new things and if I will be in Turin, I will not make an exception."

Many people ask themselves: will Nadal be in Turin as a player? "That's very far away so I cannot say anything. I do not read the future. But the Italian fans will definitely be able to see me in a very short time in Rome. The Rome Open will start on May 12, I am looking forward to being there and hopefully, I will be at my best."7

Nadal is competing in this week's Barcelona Open.

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2vqI0VL

No comments