Breaking News

Roger Federer's French Open chances depend on Nadal, Djokovic - Tsitsipas

In an interview, Stefanos Tsitsipas assessed Roger Federer's chances in the clay-court season. Speaking at the Monte Carlo Masters on Sunday, the Greek said: "Anything can happen in tennis. We’ve seen a lot of upsets and a lot of amazing performances by players in tournaments. It hasn’t happened yet but I’m pretty sure it will happen in the future. Players are probably going to like… [Robin] Soderling many years ago beat Rafael Nadal in Roland Garros. I don’t think many people expected that. I think if he [Federer] keeps fit, and wins his matches in three sets, he might have some chances. It also depends on players like Nadal and Djokovic to see how they do as well."

Kei Nishikori was confident about Federer's chances, too: "He’s no. 1 history player so I feel like that – sorry to say – is a stupid question. I mean he’s the best player in the history of tennis. For him, he came back from injury and he won the Australian Open so I think for him it’s a little bit different. He has great times and he works really hard, we don’t see that but I’m sure he works very hard than anybody else and I hope he does well – not hope he wins the tournament but does well."

Marin Cilic concluded: "Looking at the terms of results and consistency of playing you have to put Roger there. Every Grand Slam he’s a contender. ‘Dominic has played incredibly well in Paris and reached the final. He’s also one of the best ones but I’d put Novak just in front." 

Federer will be playing on clay for the first time since 2016. 

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2v635EI

No comments