Breaking News

Rafael Nadal: 'Adapting to clay won't be a big trouble for Roger Federer'

In a press conference on Monday Rafael Nadal mentioned some of the players who could threat his throne on clay. The Spaniard will feature as a defending champion in Monte Carlo, Barcelona, Rome and French Open. “We can’t predict the future", said Nadal. "I hope to be one of them, but you never know. There is a young generation coming, and they are good. They play well on clay too. Dominic Thiem is one of the candidates for everything, especially after winning in Indian Wells. Novak Djokovic always, of course. Let’s see. Roger Federer is always a candidate, let’s see how he’s able to adapt his game again to the clay after a while without playing on clay. I don’t think it will be a big trouble for him because he has the talent.”

On his plans for the season, Nadal added: “I’m going to try to do my normal schedule if I’m being honest. The tough thing for me is that in the last year and a half I was not able to play much. Last year I only played nine events and I was able to finish seven because in two of them I had to pull out. This year I’ve played three events and I had an issue with my hand in Acapulco, and in Indian Wells when things had been going in a positive way for me I had to pull out of the semi-finals. There have been some tough moments if I’m being honest and mentally it is tough to accept sometimes when you have too many things in a row. But this part of the season is very special and unique for me. And I hope find the energy and positive feelings starting here in Monte Carlo, which is one of the special places for me.”

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2GrDX1E

No comments