Breaking News

Serena Williams: 'We have to teach kids how to be themselves'

Serena Williams commented on the importance of childhood. The American player is the mother of a daughter called Olympia and she is enjoying her motherhood so far. "The idea is girls are pretty and sweet and quiet and [covered in] pink", said Serena. "And I absolutely love all those things, pink is my favourite colour, and I love all of those things on Olympia as well. But I also don't want to stop her from going on her little bike even though she can't ride it yet. She tries to get on it and push it and does those things and there's nothing wrong with that. I just want her to be herself. I think if we started at a young age teaching kids how to be themselves, they’ll obviously be more comfortable and have more confidence as they get older in who they are."

Serena added: "You just got to be comfortable with letting them go and realizing that it’s OK, it's OK, they can do this, I'm going to let them do this, and letting them be themselves," she says. "Olympia does a lot of wild things, but it's a good thing because she's exploring things in nature, she runs outside, she experiences different things. Obviously, I protect her in such a great way, but at the same time I really let her kind of being herself."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2IH01aQ

No comments