Breaking News

Sousa: 'I would not include Roger Federer, Djokovic in my football team'

In an interview prior to the Estoril Open Joao Sousa has drawn his ideal football team. "I put John Isner as a goalkeeper, he is great", admitted Sousa. "Then I had to pick some quick guys like Fabio Fognini and Rafa Nadal who would be an attacker. I played with him and he is good. Thiem is the best midfielder and he would be okay with Diego Schwartzman, they are friends and they have a good foot. On the defence, I would have to choose some strong guys like Marton Fucsovics. Novak Djokovic would not be on my team, just like Federer. He is too good to join my team. I picked Pablo Carreno Busta and Leonardo Mayer, who are my friends."

Sousa looks forward to starting his title defence: "It's not like it happened a year ago. I visited the club a few weeks ago, and although the stadium was not ready yet, it's always a court that brings me good memories. It brought me the memory when so many people supported me. I came back to experience good feelings again and it was special."

John Millman looks forward to playing in Estoril too: “We’ve got some very good clay-courters in good form, so it’s an exciting place to play tennis. A lot of people came out for the qualifying, which is always a good sign for strong crowds for the rest of the week.”

"It’s going to be a great tournament,” concluded Sousa. “There are a lot of good players and the organisation is making a big effort to have one of the best tournaments in the world here."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2GSYOv0

No comments