Breaking News

Stefanos Tsitsipas: 'I am working hard to win a Grand Slam'

In an interview, Stefanos Tsitsipas commented on how it feels to be a real top player now. The Greek player, who defeated Roger Federer at the beginning of the year in the Australian Open fourth round, said: "I am enjoying this position and I will try to stay there as most time as possible. It's very nice to be a top ten player and to play tennis, and that's the most important thing for me than other things. I am working hard to win a Grand Slam too. This year I want to shine in the Majors. The feelings of reaching the semifinals in Australia were unbelievable, I enjoy a lot to face great players in the big cities. To win a Major you need more work, dedication, be mentally strong. I hope to do well this year in the Grand Slams, that's something crucial."

My position is more settled. Even if I am growing and I am at the beginning of my career, but it's different than last year. At those levels, last year I had not done basically anything in tennis and now I already achieved some things. Last year no one knew me but this time I feel I am one of the favourites to win the title, one of the players who fits the most to clay. If I play well and I keep last year's momentum, I believe that things can go well."

Tsitsipas has a busy clay-court season schedule playing also Estoril, Madrid, Rome and French Open.

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2GENeCk

No comments