Breaking News

Stefanos Tsitsipas: 'I have enormous respect for Rafael Nadal'

In an interview, Stefanos Tsitsipas commented on Fabio Fognini's win over Rafael Nadal in the Monte Carlo Masters semifinals. The 20-year-old Greek said: "Fognini played unbelievable tennis but I have enormous respect for Nadal for his dominance on clay for a long time. More players like Fognini can now believe that beating him is possible, but it's so difficult because Rafa is very fast, he covers the court very well, he always gives the ball back, he always plays deep with a lot of top spin on his shots."

Tsitsipas also commented on the Next Generation group: "This generation is special, they increased the level. It's very important for us to be part of this group, but personally this year I have different goals. I played the NextGen ATP Finals in Milan last year and I loved being in Milan, but this season I would like to reach the ATP Finals in London, it's the time to be part of the real professional tour."

Nicolas Jarry defeated Alexander Zverev. After the match, the Chilean said: "This win means a lot to me, it's one of my best wins. I am very happy to keep going forward in this unbelievable tournament. When I manage to deliver my game, I can beat anyone. I have weapons, but I have to learn to control them in a better way. Matches like this show me that the level is there and they are a very big motivation to keep training and improving."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2IHsyxd

No comments