Breaking News

Stefanos Tsitsipas recalls when he first met Novak Djokovic

Speaking to reporters on Sunday Stefanos Tsitsipas recalled when, at eight years of age, he met Novak Djokovic at the Monte Carlo Masters. "You see that walkway over there? The one next to the practice court. That's where I first met Novak Djokovic. I was quite young and it was my first time here. I have very nice feelings coming here to Monte-Carlo. I actually have a photo with Djokovic here when I was eight. My father told him that one day we'll play with each other. It seemed crazy at the time, but here we are now. I have the picture somewhere. It's at my home. I need to find it. There are no limitations in Novak's game and we've seen that many times."

Tsitsipas will have a very busy tournaments schedule as he is committed to Monte Carlo, Barcelona, Estoril, Madrid, Rome and French Open. "After a long period on the hard courts, it's been a while since I've been on clay. It was probably June of last year actually. It's a different surface and with that a different mindset. There are a lot of things I have to get used to. I feel confident and that my game has developed since last year. I've learned a lot of things and I'm happy that I'm bringing them into the clay-court season this year. There are still some things to improve and adjust faster. I've said this many times, but the transition from hard to clay is the toughest of them all. It's a different ballgame. You have to be more patient and as I said last year, it's a game of chess basically. Having good variety and knowing when to go down the line and stay cross-court is very important."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2DlfEAs

No comments