Breaking News

Toni Nadal: 'I hope Rafael can play for seven more years'

Toni Nadal travels around Europe nowadays, giving speeches and promoting the Rafa Nadal Academy in the ATP Tournaments. Rafael's uncle was at the Monte Carlo Masters this week and in an interview to ATP Tennis Radio, Toni commented on some of the must special tournaments to them: "For me Monte Carlo was great, Barcelona was always a special tournament because it's the tournament we always have seen on TV and we are lucky that Rafael won 11 times there. Also Madrid. I am very proud and happy with what Rafael has done in tennis, I hope he can play five, six, seven years more so I can watch him on TV. When I arrived here in Monte Carlo for the first time in 2003 playing here was a dream and winning the title was our following dream. Winning 11 titles was incredible for me. When I was younger, I always watched this tournament, Ilie Nastase, Bjorn Borg, Guillermo Vilas, Ivan Lendl, Mats Wilander, many great players. When Rafa first won here, I thought that adding his name to the tournament winners list was just amazing."

What has Carlos Moya done for Rafa? "He gave another view, excitement. Rafa has always had a very good relationship with Carlos and he saw that as a good experience. He also has another coach, Francis Roig."

Nadal is already in Barcelona where he will try to win his 12th historical title.

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2Pq4PSG

No comments