Breaking News

Alexander Zverev: Ivan Lendl and I sometimes have different schedules

In an interview to Tennis Magazin, Alexander Zverev commented on his working relationship with the eight-time Grand Slam winner Ivan Lendl. They do not work together all weeks and Lendl will be on board again later this month in the French Open. "I've known Ivan for a long time," said Zverev. "When he was working with Andy (Murray) we talked from time to time. It was the perfect moment last summer. I was already number 3 in the world, I had won three Masters 1000 and my goal was to improve at Slams and I think he can help me a lot. When you are 3 in the world, you don't want to change many things. I want to improve of course, but above all use the experience that Ivan has. It's essential for me as a young player He knows what it takes to succeed.

"We talk a lot. Sometimes we have dinner, we spend time together outside of the court. The only issue is that we have very different schedules: he plays golf a lot, he wakes up early, has dinner around 7:30 pm and goes to bed at 8:30 pm. Sometimes I have to adapt. But it's a great relationship. This year in Australia I performed better than last year. I just played a bad match in fourth round. I don't know what happened against Raonic. I was very surprised. Nothing was working, I didn't feel the hall at all. Then, I reached the final in Acapulco and I got sick afterwards. Basically I only played two tournaments in a good health since the start of the year, and I had good results Indian Wells doesn't count, I was sick, and I was still weak. I hope I'll be able to play a series of matches because I'm a player who needs to play matches to find my rhythm."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2YHxVAf

No comments